Benefits of Peer Recovery Coaching
Recovery Coaching through peer to peer support is considered a best practice by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Research shows that peers have a significant impact on improves treatment and continuing care outcomes. Peer support services have been shown to:
- Reduce symptoms and hospitalizations
- Increase social support and participation in the community
- Decrease lengths of hospital stays and costs of services
- Improve well-being, self-esteem, and social functioning
- Encourage more thorough and longer-lasting recoveries
If you or a loved one are ready to take the next step with True AfterCare, contact us today to get started!